Friday, October 24, 2008

So I survived my trip to DC, and rode the metro all by myself!

I hate riding the metro, just so you know. Mostly because I'm scared that i'm going to miss a stop, or be on the wrong train....you get the point. But I survived and I had a great time!

Finds out we had to go to the National Gallery of Art. I went there when I was in 3rd grade, but now I get to apreciate it more, because I'm older and I actually understand what's going on lol. I had a lot more fun in the east building than the west building. The west building is more of the old fashioned portraits, and sculptures, and then east building is more of the newer, abstract pieces. And I'm sorry but Abstract, beats random portraits any day.

I found Nathaniel when I got there (he's a friend I made in my last class.) Now I kinda like Nathaniel, so we went around the museum together, and had a lot of fun looking at all the paintings and messing around with my camera. Though I didn't get to take many pictures because 80% of the artwork you can't take pictures of. If you want to see the pictures, go check out my facebook (Jenn Carr).

So all in all I had fun, but now I have to buckle down and write a paper about what I noticed and what I learned thats due on Monday. [sarcasm]horray papers...[/sarcasm]

See ya!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I saw some of your pictures. You did a nice job of being creative! Seriously, they were nice pictures. Very artsy.

Glad you had fun on your trip, and congrats for conquering the Metro!

BTW I like the portraits better LOL

Aimee said...

Great pics on facebook! I'm glad you had fun. Hmmmm, Nathaniel, huh?

I'm sure you're enjoying writing yet another paper! *clearing throat* So what did you notice on your field trip, Jen? (pompous professor voice)

Keep on posting!