Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hemlock Overlook

So, I'm on my third day of college, and so far it's been a blast. I love going to class, and working with the other students. My program is kind of complicated, but it gets easier to understand as you go through it. Basicly I have one class that starts at 10am and goes to 12pm. Then I have a break for lunch, and we resume at 1pm and go to 3pm. In a way its like highschool, but I'm getting way more out of it than I would any normal class. NCC is a very hands on type of program.





We just went to Hemlock today (Yea I Know! It's my third day and i'm already doing field trips!). I had so much fun at Hemlock. We did this thing called Total Team Challenge where we went up 3o feet in the air and had to manuver around this ropes course, while our team mates below basicly held together the entire thing. It was an amazing trust activity. Then we did a game called Toxic Waste, where there was a bowling ball, on a stool in the middle of a box that was 5x5 feet. You had to get the bowling ball in a box, without touching it, or the ground around it, and you could only use the tools that they gave you. My team ended up not finishing it, mostly because we spend to much time thinking and not enough time doing, lol. The last thing was called Life Line, and you basicily had to balance on these ropes, and go along a course and both your team and another team had to get to the other side, going in opposite directions. That was a Really fun one too, because I got all the way across! It's a lot harder than it looks.





I didn't get any pictures, because my camera is still at work >.< I left it there for testing and haven't gotten it back yet. So these pictures are pictures I found on google, and are not me...

Total Team Challenge: TTC




1 comment:

Aimee said...

Hey, that looks so fun! What is NCC? I don't remember field trips at all, much less anything that cool, when I was in college. But I understand the schedule thing. You'll get used to it!

I am really looking forward to reading your blog - I hope you do a better job than your mom in keeping it updated!lol

Aunt Aimee