Thursday, August 28, 2008

Clearing things up

Wow. My first week of college is over, and I had such a great time!

I wanted to clear up somethings about NCC. NCC stands for New Century College. Basicly its like a college inside a college. I wanted to major in education, but unfortunately Mason only has a Masters program in Education. What they did to counteract that problem (because so many people want education as a major) is they basicly combined the bachelors and masters program into one big bit. So in theory I can get my masters in 5 years, instead of the conventional 6. This would be good for me, because (at least in VA) its impossible to get a stable teaching job with only a bachelors. And of course I want to go straight into teaching!

Well college life is very intresting. I'm used to getting up around 5:30 every morning to get to school on time, but now I dont have to wake up untill around 8:30! Its such a treat. I also love going to the dining hall (Caio Hall), to eat lunch durring my classes. Its so much fun to people watch! And the fact that its all you can eat, for one meal! The only problem with college so far is the homework >.< There is so much stuff I have to read, and I have like a 4 page paper every week. I totally wasn't expecting that.

I really miss all my cousins, and I wish I could have another family party to get everyone down here to visit. Orrr I was thinking I could make the trip to PA to visit Gretchen. Maybe Mom and I need to have a mother, sister, daughter day. Lol

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Heyyy, what are you doing Monday? We could do lunch.... Not that it's a *special* day or anything looks around innocently and whistles tunelessly Cheesecake would be required, of course!

Aimee said...

Ah, now I understand the NCC thing. Beware the all-you-can-eat dining halls! They're not called the "freshman 10" (or 20, in some cases) for nothing! I can see how hard you are working on that homework... is procrastination spelled B-L-O-G? Hee hee! Not that I mind; just don't let yourself get too far behind.

Aunt Aimee

And HEY, Gretchen, that is soooooo unfair!!!! I distinctly see a certain "event" being planned without all the pertinent parties being present. : (

Jenn said...

Hmmm I'll have to ask mom about Monday.

And no Aunt Amieee, I dont use this as procrostination...much. Lol. I do try to get my work done before I come on here.